How to Join
There are several ways to plug into the Documentary Studio's community:
- Propose a film project. We accept proposals each fall and before the summer for students who are looking for technical and financial support and a community within which to workshop their ideas.
- Attend screenings. The Studio organizes numerous screening events each semester and strives to bring filmmakers to campus to discuss their work.
- Get trained. Tackling a project on your own? You're still welcome to attend our trainings and master classes.
The Documentary Studio welcomes support from a wide range of professionals and organizations:
- Film/media professionals. We're always looking for experienced professionals who can teach a master class or otherwise share expertise.
- Financial sponsors. If you or your firm / company would like to make a tax-deductible contribution that will go directly toward supporting student filmmaking and growing the Documentary Studio community, please contact us.
- Equipment donors. If you're looking to get rid of used equipment (e.g. cameras, mics, lights, cases), please consider making a donation.
- Friends. If you're not yet sure how you can help but want to stay in the loop, please let us know.